Hi all,

I was going to give ISPN-8779 a shot but I'm finding a mess.

the root pom contains these twice (and inconsistent!):

<version.hibernate.search>5.8.1.Final</version.hibernate.search>
[...]
<version.hibernate.search>5.8.0.Final</version.hibernate.search>

the BOM cointains a copy of `version.hibernate.search` as well.

I don't mind deleting duplicate properties, but we used to have
clearly separate properties for different purposes, and this
separation is essential.

I've mentioned this multiple times when reviewing PRs which would get
my attention, but I didn't see these changes - certainly didn't expect
you all to forget the special purpose of these modules.
It's quite messy now and I'm honestly lost myself at how I could revert it.

In particular this module is broken now as it's targeting the wrong slot:
 -
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/wildfly-modules/src/main/resources/org/infinispan/for-hibernatesearch-wildfly/main/module.xml#L27

Clearly it's not consistent with the comment I've put on the module descriptor.
I don't see that module being included in the released modules either,
and clearly the integration tests didn't catch it because they have
been patched to use the wrong modules too :(

Other essential integration tests which I had put in place to make
sure they'd get your attention in case someone had such an idea.. have
been deleted.

Opening ISPN-8780, I would consider this a release blocker.

Thanks,
Sanne

See also:
 -