We don't have a separate validation process or script, no.

If InfluxDB launches, the config file is valid ;)

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Sean Beckett <s...@influxdb.com> wrote:
>
>> Kaushal,
>>
>> The key line in the logs is "parse config: toml: cannot load TOML value
>> of type string into a Go boolean"
>>
>> The [[collecd]] section has enabled = "true". Booleans are not strings,
>> and should not be surrounded by double-quotes. Change that instead to this
>> and everything should load fine.
>>
>> [[collectd]]
>>   enabled = true
>>

> Thanks Sean for the reply and it fixed the issue. Is there a way to
> validate the influxdb.conf file for any syntax related issues?
>
> Regards,
>
> Kaushal
>
> --
> Remember to include the InfluxDB version number with all issue reports
> msgid/influxdb/CAD7Ssm9uXFJOD1R_Zyuor2jiEjb1jd_5i25fPnPksUufZMKXFQ%40mail.
> gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/CAD7Ssm9uXFJOD1R_Zyuor2jiEjb1jd_5i25fPnPksUufZMKXFQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Sean Beckett
Director of Support and Professional Services
InfluxDB

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/CALGqCvMy1kTnUdwMfj362jErw4J0uvRYycmM5SaAYtXA2kOnLQ%40mail.gmail.com.