Sorry to revive an old thread...

I looked at case #932, but it does not seem that a count of the number of
events in a measurement was ever added.

Does any body know of a performant way of getting the number of events
written to a measurements.  Even a rough estimate like mySQL has would be
acceptable.
Count a field in a measurement can take a very long time, there must be a
cleaner way.

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/c8ded37a-1809-438c-935c-4eb6502c7d15%40googlegroups.com.