The AS aliasing only works if you explicitly declare each field. Otherwise,
the * matcher for fields automatically pre-pends the function name. We
intend to allow AS to operate on * matched fields, but for the first
version it was too complex to implement. (See
https://github.com/influxdata/influxdb/pull/7009)

Currently, you can use SELECT LAST(*)... or you can have custom field keys
for the output, but not both.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:19 AM, <steve.r.we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Moving and downsampling some data between two databases. Need the to
> maintain the names of the values.
>
> ```
> SELECT last(*)
> INTO "mfcf_vmware"."autogen".:measurement
> FROM /^vmware_.*/
> WHERE time >= '2016-01-01T00:00:00Z'
> GROUP BY time(30m), "host"
> ```
>
> This almost worked but the copy of the data has "last_" prefixed for all
> the values.
>
> What's the best way to alias the columns to the original name?
> is there a possible backreference?
> `SELECT last(*) AS .:?origina_name?`
>
> Also can you point me to the location in the documentation that shows this?
> If this information is not in the documents then perhaps an issue should
> be created.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Remember to include the InfluxDB version number with all issue reports
> gid/influxdb/5463f361-4501-4210-9354-a144eedb08f1%40googlegroups.com.

Sean Beckett
Director of Support and Professional Services
InfluxDB

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/CALGqCvPsvg9u-vaTAmna5EF%2BoOPv-kqnHQLv22EneuXHn5zbZg%40mail.gmail.com.