On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 1:14:21 PM UTC+10, Sean Beckett wrote:
> That's not easy with InfluxDB, but you could build a UDF in Kapacitor to
> handle that.
>

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 8:50 PM,  <kylejm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is there anyway in InfluxDB to calculate a time-weighted mean of measurements
> that come in at irregular intervals?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kyle
>

> --
>
> Remember to include the InfluxDB version number with all issue reports

> "InfluxDB" group.

> email to influxdb+u...@googlegroups.com.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/7012f4a0-ed0b-4928-b0ad-f27de2d2da24%40googlegroups.com.

> Sean Beckett
> Director of Support and Professional Services
> InfluxDB

I posted a feature request on GitHub for a time weighted average aggregation -
it is a common use case for IoT sensor scenarios where sensors send data on
change of state not at regular intervals. This feature is supported on openTSDB
(aggregate interpolation) and should be a feature of any time-series database
pitching for IoT scenarios.

Sean, can you let us know if this is feature that has a good chance of coming
to Influxdb in the not too distant future? I'm tossing up between openTSDB and
Influxdb and your solution is well suited to my use-case except for lack of
time weighted average. So if it isn't on the radar for Influxdb please let us
know. Also how difficult it would be to code up from a fork for someone with no
Go experience....

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/36f82f7a-1376-4e17-94ec-39a16c7f4bf6%40googlegroups.com.