Hello,

Is it possible to use the SHOW TAG VALUES statement (with all trailing
clauses like WITH and WHERE) inside SELECT statement ??
Particularly inside a WHERE clause wihin the SELECT statemet.

Let me try to use an example:

I am trying to select cpu_usage metric from a Datacenter measurement with a
tag called Building, I want to (sort of) search for when this tag's value
is in the result of SHOW tag values statement for a different measurement.

SELECT "cpu_usage" from sixty_weeks."Datacenter" WHERE time > '2016-10-16'
 AND machine =~ /.*Rack1.*/ AND (*"Building" IN* (SHOW TAG VALUES FROM
sixty_weeks."floormapping"  WITH KEY = "buildings" WHERE
"active" =~ /$var1$/ ))

I haven't been able to make this work, so I am wondering now: is this even
possible? and how to do it if yes?

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/27fb8061-343c-432c-9a61-c952585de889%40googlegroups.com.