Hello eveyone,
I started my discussion here:
be a better platform for it.

I am still using 0.8 and I am evaluating 1.0, before this particular issue
I was pretty happy with the changes but I don't know how to handle the
absence of NULL.
What we are currently doing is inserting a NULL value when the stream of
data is broken so that a clear cut will appear on the graph, the issue is
how to do that with 1.0, if a server goes dark for two minutes I want the
resulting graphs to show an empty section, not interpolate the line from
the last point, how are 1.0.x users handling this ? I don't want to show
false data in our monitoring graphs...

After a quick look at grafana issues on this it looks like some users don't
even know why their line graphs are connected instead of showing the
expected void.
The "solution" mentioned in the issue linked above is to have a separate
field to signal null but it needs support from the frontend aside from
being a hack instead of a real solution, inserting 0 is also not an option
as 0 is a real value.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/8cd8c32f-d0f2-4cd8-97e1-855e2aff2551%40googlegroups.com.