Hi,

I am new to influxdb.

I have influxdb server version 1.0.1 running.

I am using influxdb-python (influxdb-3.0.0) and trying the tutorial

https://github.com/influxdata/influxdb-python/blob/master/examples/tutorial_server_data.py

I get

$ python tutorial_server_data.py
Create database: tutorial
Create a retention policy
Write points #: 4320
ResultSet({})
Result: ResultSet({})

i.e. I cannot read back any of the inserted values. I even relaxed the query to
show all.

Also when I do

query = 'SHOW DATABASES'
result = myclient.query(query)
result

I can see 'tutorial' in the output. So I am able to talk to my influxdb server

But
query = 'SHOW MEASUREMENTS'
result = myclient.query(query)
result

give nothing.

I assume I am missing something trivial.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Vikas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/ac0d5500-8707-41d9-8ed8-8fca8c9e446b%40googlegroups.com.