What distribution and version are you running? It doesn't look like your
yum is substituting the variables properly. The correct URL is:

https://repos.influxdata.com/rhel/7/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml

Where `$releasever` is substituted for the current CentOS/RHEL release
version (6, 7, etc). As a workaround, you can manually update the URL to
use a hard-coded release version (like the URL above).

Thanks,
Ross

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/CAD8sRLApBckc-%2BT43ciDTvp%2B9W-JV%2Bvn6SNyb3Bwet3oiztz5g%40mail.gmail.com.