Gary Mills wrote:

> Well, I found a bug in sieve/script.c that seems related to my
> problem.  The patch below fixes it.  The bug is that the snprintf()
> will never be executed.  When I tested the new lmtpd, I expected
> to see either "Sent vacation reply\n" or "Vacation reply suppressed\n",
> but neither of those messages appeared in any log.  Where are they
> supposed to go?  The patch is for cyrus-imapd-2.0.7.

> *** script.Oc   Mon Sep  4 23:15:35 2000
> --- script.c    Thu Nov 16 20:45:43 2000
> ***************
> *** 929,938 ****
>                                  "Sent vacation reply\n");
>
>                 } else if (ret == SIEVE_DONE) {
> !                   if (ret == SIEVE_OK)
> !                       snprintf(actions_string+strlen(actions_string),
> !                                sizeof(actions_string)-strlen(actions_string),
> !                                "Vacation reply suppressed\n");
>
>                     ret = SIEVE_OK;
>                 }
> --- 929,937 ----
>                                  "Sent vacation reply\n");
>
>                 } else if (ret == SIEVE_DONE) {
> !                   snprintf(actions_string+strlen(actions_string),
> !                            sizeof(actions_string)-strlen(actions_string),
> !                            "Vacation reply suppressed\n");
>
>                     ret = SIEVE_OK;
>                 }

Ummm...  Yeah, this is kinda stupid  -- looks like a cut-n-paste was
done without regards to the semantics  I'll fix this in CVS.  This
couldn't have been causing your problem, just made it harder to find,
right?

BTW, what notification mechanism are you using to see these messages,
Zephyr?

Thanks,
Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127