On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Sam Stern wrote:

> I recently Migrated to qmail with maildirs and would like to install Cyrus
> 2.0.12 on my OpenBSD 2.8 system. However, I can't locate any relevant
> information of how Cyrus interoperates with Maildir.

Simply put, it doesn't.  Cyrus has its own mailstore and cannot use any
other.

> So I'm looking for a
> good breakout of how to merge Cyrus with qmail, migrate my maildir email to
> Cyrus, and a list of problems that can arise and their workarounds.

I set up a qmail/cyrus impementation a while back and always meant to
write up a howto, but never did.  Basically, though, qmail has a default
delivery agent that's specified (IIRC) as an argument to its startup
script.  You can't specify deliver directly, so you have to write a
wrapper script around it.  I think that that will bring you most of the
way to where you need to go, but it occurred to me while implenting it
that qmail has a real desire to deliver for local users on that system.
If you're trying to implement a blavk-box solution, you'll have to go to a
lot of effort, using qmail's delivery defaults mechanisms in order to get
it to deliver to users who do not have an account on that system.

-Bitt