Olaf Zaplinski wrote:

> "Scot W. Hetzel" wrote:
> > [...]
> > >  2. I have SASL with CRAM-MD5, Plain and Digest-MD5 but I can't use the
> > > secure authentication connection from outlook. I checked with imtest and
> > > sasl works with all auth method. Is outlook using something else?
> > >
> > When you compiled Cyrus-SASL, did you configure it with "--enable-login", as
> > this enables the LOGIN mech used by Outlook Express & Outlook.
>
> Well, I did not, but Cyrus works fine with German MS OE for me. I even have
> all folders on the top level: "Posteingang" (inbox), "Gesendete Objekte"
> (sent) and "Entwürfe" (drafts).

The "secure" authentication in OE is Microsoft's secure "version" of
authentication, which of course only works with Microsoft mail servers.
Turn it off. We use stunnel on the server to tunnnel the IMAP connection
through SSL. There is even a checkbox in OE to activate this.

I've never heard of being able to store all folders (including Inbox) at
the same level in Cyrus unless :

- you are running Cyrus as an administrative user, which lets you create
folders anywhere you want. Running IMAP clients as an administrative
users is generally not a good idea

- you are not running a Cyrus server.

Regards,
Tom

--
Tom Karches                                |                        |