I solved my problem, the certificate was not signed properly.
Actually I rebuilt a new certificate with a self signature and everything
wroked out. Now I have an other question.
Is it possible to use the sasl password database also for the imaps and
pop3s authentications ?? the saslpasswd file is used only by CRAM and
DIGEST MD5 authentication so that it happens that I have a system passwd
file for imaps and pop3s users and a saslpasswd file for CRAM-MD5
(eudora) users. I'd like to have all users in the saslpasswd file so that
Eudora users will be forced to authenticate via CRAM-MD5 since if they try
normal imap or pop3 the standard unix password won't work anymore so that
they are forced to use CRAM-MD5 to being authenticated via sasl.
Any idea on how I could do this ??
Then how I Can convert the unix des password in the DIGEST-MD5 format ??
Is that possible in some way?? I think it's not but anyway who knows? I
Ask to you gurus.

thanks

Rick