Greetings,

I have a problem that I have been toiling with for quite some time now and
thought I would present it
to the list for any insight.

I have Cyrus IMAP server version 2.0.12 running on Solaris 8.   We are
authenticating clients using plaintext and SASL 1.5.24

Our customer's application is connecting to the application from a Windows NT
server using an IMAP DLL library provided
by Quiksoft.  (www.quiksoft.com).

The application is configured to login to the server using the "cyproxy" userid.
When looking at the log file imapd.log I see
the application making a connection,  but then it just immediately exists with
status code 0.    IMAPD never displays a message
indicating that the "cyproxy" id was every authenticated.

While performing my own testing I noticed that if I telnet to port 143 on the
IMAP server and attempt to login with a bogus
username / password that the IMAP server log file DOES NOT REFLECT the failed
login attempt.

So I don't know if the application is:

A.  Establishing a connection to port 143, but then not proceeding to try to
authenticate by sending plaintext login/password.

-- or -

B.  Establishing a connection, sending login/password information but receiving
some type of error condition that is not
      being reflected properly in the imapd.log file.

Does anyone have any advice on how to further debug this issue?   Is there a way
to increase the debug or logging level
of the imapd server such that I can see what is occurring after connect on port
143?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank-you,

Tim Powell