"Kevin J. Menard, Jr." wrote:

> Hey Ken,
>
> Thursday, June 21, 2001, 11:51:11 AM, you wrote:
>
> KM> Unless any new bugs or issues are found with this release, this will be
> KM> the code which will be merged into the main Cyrus tree and appear in one
> KM> of the next two standard releases (2.0.15 or 2.0.16).
>
> How will this be merged?  Will it be activated by a configure switch or
> something?  Or will this become the new standard namespace?

It's runtime configurable via imapd.conf.  There is one switch to turn
it on (default=off) and two others to set the Other User's and Shared
Folders namespace prefixes.

In fact, you can switch freely between the two because I change nothing
on trhe mailstore itself.  All changes are to what gets sent to/from the
client via IMAP.  I currently have my normal imap service listening on
port 143 and presenting the standard namespace, and an imaptest service
listening on port 9143 using its own config file and presenting the
alternate namespace.

The bottom line: if you simply install this code and change nothing,
then it will run the same as your current setup.

For more info, read doc/overview.html, and imapd.conf(5).

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127