I just looked at the code and the domain part of each address tested in
vacation is converted to lowercase before comparing them, hence the
right side of the "@" is case-insensitive.  I also verified this by
using the sieve 'test' program.

Ken

Shelley Waltz wrote:

> Larry,
> It is case sensitive for the right of @.  Once I changed my
> sendmail configuration to use the masquerade domain as
> "cabm.rutgers.edu" and .not. "CABM.RUTGERS.EDU", then
> Sieve vaction worked fine.
>
> I could also have it work by not changing sendmail, but changing
> the addresses in my Sieve script to use caps on the right hand
> side of @.
>
> It was easier to change the masquerade that have everyone deal with
> remembering to use CAPS.
>
> { Shelley Waltz
>
>   Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
>   UMDNJ/Rutgers University
>   679 Hoes Lane
>   Piscataway, NJ 08854-5638
>   phone: (732) 235-3346 };
>
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
>
> > It should be case sensitive for the stuff on the left side of the
> > "@", and case-insensitive for the stuff on the right side of the "@".
> >
> > Is this not the case?
> >
> > Larry
> >
> >    Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:02:23 -0400
> >    From: Shelley Waltz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >    It turns out that Sieve is "case sensitive" regarding the
> >    addresses specified.
> >
> >    { Shelley Waltz
> >
> >      Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
> >      UMDNJ/Rutgers University
> >      679 Hoes Lane
> >      Piscataway, NJ 08854-5638
> >      phone: (732) 235-3346 };
> >
> >    On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Shelley Waltz wrote:
> >
> >    > I havbe read through all the archives and the setup I currently
> >    > have should work with sieve vaction mail.
> >    >
> >    > I am running cyrus-imapd-1.6.24 and cmu-sieve-1.3 and sendmail-8.10.1
> >    > My sendmail has the following configuration
> >    >
> >    > define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrus')dnl
> >    > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS', `A5@/:|SmXz')dnl
> >    > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS', `deliver -e -l')dnl
> >    > MAILER(local)dnl
> >    > MAILER(smtp)dnl
> >    > MAILER(`cyrus')dnl
> >    >
> >    > I have created a sieve script for vacation mail responses ...
> >    >
> >    > require ["fileinto","vacation"];
> >    >
> >    >
> >    > vacation :days 7 :addresses ["[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
> >    > "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
> >    > "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"] "On vacation for the next week";
> >    >
> >    >
> >    > however, mail justs operates as if there is no vacation mail script.
> >    > There are no messages in the imapd or maillog files reporting an error
> >    > or an attempt to use the script.
> >    >
> >    > Did I miss something.  Help is greatly appreciated.
> >    >
> >    > { Shelley Waltz
> >    >
> >    >   Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
> [...]

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127