Jules Agee wrote:

> I would very much appreciate it if someone could let me know whether
> cyrus supports doing the following things, and where I might find the
> appropriate documentation:
>
> Specifying the time that "quotawarn" sends out a warning message

If you mean time, and in time-of-day, the answer is no.

> Specifying the exact text of that warning message

Not without changing the source.  But the existing message is pretty
clear.

> Notifying the user who has exceeded quota so they can fix the problem
> immediately, instead of wondering why they haven't any messages for two
> days, and then calling tech support complaining that "their account is
> broken". My experience has been that most of the time that people exceed
> quota is because someone sent them a gargantuan attachment, so they
> often never receive the quotawarn message - the big attachment took them
> directly from 75% to 110% of quota.

As Larry stated, an ALERT message is sent out each time the user SELECTs
a mailbox.  If your client is not displaying them, then your client is
broken.  You should refer the author(s) to section of 3.4.11 of RFC2683.

Other than than, you can write a script (I think one has been posted to
the list previously) which can detect overquota and quotawarn conditions
and post a message to a user's INBOX (via 'deliver -q').

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127