Jeremy Howard wrote:

> The little Perl scripts are Unix socket daemons. You need to run one of them
> (start with the one that just does logging) and then check that stuff
> appears in your logs when you deliver mail. Also make sure that the
> directory exists that the Unix socket daemon is using (there are constants
> at the top of the Perl code that specify the directory), and that Cyrus has
> read/write permissions there.
>
> BTW, although I contributed that code I've never used it in production, and
> it has a known problem if headers are >2k (just fix the printf() in
> unix_notify.c if this is a problem for you). I'm planning on finally rolling
> out something that uses this in a couple of months, so it will be more
> actively supported then.
>
> *** And now a question to anyone who's actually using this... How do I get
> notify() called only when requested in a Sieve script, rather than every
> time like happens with Zephyr. I know that I can just check in my Perl
> daemon how it's been called, but this is a lot of extra overhead when the
> fast majority of users will not have any notification set up in their Sieve
> script.

Try 'denotify' in your sieve script, you can then explicitly call
'notify' when you want.  I *think* that cmu-sieve has an implicit
'notify' unless explicitly turned off.

Note that the current cmu-sieve implementation does not correspond with
the current draft (-03).  I think it implements what was -01.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127