Jeremy Howard wrote:

> William K. Hardeman wrote:
> > You've probably noticed this yourself, but I'm suspecting cyrus is
> treating
> > the [ and ] as standard regex grouping characters, which would explain the
> > number rejects. I don't really know anything about the Cyrus codebase, not
> > being a programmer, but I do know that sieve can support regexes, from
> some
> > things I've seen on the list and from my perusal of websieve. However, it
> > was my understanding that regex support in a sieve script had to be
> > explicitly enabled before it works.
> >
> I suspect you're right, William. AFAICT this goes against the RFC however,
> since you should only get regex when you use the :regex comparator.
>
> Ken--is this a bug... a feature... a misdiagnosis...?

It appears to be a bug caused by using fnmatch(3) to perform the match.
fnmatch(3) performs glob-style matching, which treats '?', '*' AND '['
as special -- see glob(7).  The workaround is to escape the []:

header :matches "subject" "*\\[spam score 10.0/10.0 -pobox\\]*"

Feel free to bugzilla this, but I doubt it'll be at the top of anyone's
list, since using fnmatch(3) is just too convenient.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127