[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a user who uses procmail mainly for its ability to keep
> a log of all incoming messages.  He produces a daily summary from
> the log.  I'd like to encourage him to move to a Cyrus IMAP system
> that uses sieve, rather than procmail.  Is there any way to get
> such logging, or even a summary from Cyrus sieve?

You can use the sieve notify extension.  Right now its based on the
original draft (-00) which only allows for a single notification method
(which is the --with-notify configure option).  You can probably use
notify_unix.c and Jeremy Howard's contrib/notify_unix/simple_notify.pl
script which logs to syslog.  I'm sure you can modify it to suit your
needs, but keep in mind that this will be used system wide.

The latest draft (-01) extends the notify action to specify the method
for each notification (SMS, IRC, log, etc).  I plan on updating
cmu-sieve to the new draft within the next several weeks, and hopefully
implement a plugin-style notification daemon.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127