[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> People were asking about this perl script, so I thought I'd make
> it publically available.  Using it, I was able to load a Unix mail
> spool containing about 5 gigabytes of mail, spread over about 17000
> mailboxes, in just under five hours.
>
> load-imap is used to populate a Cyrus IMAP server from Unix mailboxes,
> preserving the `read' status of messages.  The Cyrus mailboxes should
> have been previously created, with the appropriate quota.  User names
> are taken from the Unix mailbox names.  load-imap must authenticate as
> the user to set the \Seen flag correctly.  To permit this, temporarily
> replace the authentication daemon with one that always checks only the
> administrator password, regardless of the userid presented.  load-imap
> uses only plain-text password authentication.

FYI, you might want to use the Cyrus::IMAP module and use AUTHENTICATE
PLAIN (or add PLAIN to Net::IMAP).  By doing this, you can proxy for
each user by logging in as an admin and assuming the user's identity
(see RFC2595 for details).  IMO this is cleaner than patching saslauthd.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127