Jeremy Howard wrote:

> Ken Murchison wrote:
> > Jeremy Howard wrote:
> > >
> > > How does Cyrus decide what from/reply-to address to use when sending a
> > > vacation reply? My users can choose from quite a few domains, and they
> want
> > > to make sure that when a vacation reply is sent, that the From address
> is
> > > the same address that the original message was sent to.
> >
> > If you specify the :addresses parameter in the vacation action, it uses
> > the first address in the list, otherwise it uses the envelope To
> > address.  Take a look at eval() in sieve/script.c if you are interested.
> >
> Thanks for the pointer, Ken. If I patched eval() to choose the envelope
> address if it appears anywhere in the :addresses parameter, and then fall
> back to the existing behaviour, would that be something you'd consider
> incorporating?

Hmm.  This sounds reasonable, but I'd take it one step further:

What if we always use whichever [first] one of the user's addresses
(envelope to: + :addresses) that appears in the to/cc/bcc: header of the
message?

The code is already looking for the user's address in the headers per
the draft, it just doesn't keep track of which one matched.

I'm interested in what other's think about this.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127