Jim Holmes wrote:

> I don't know what I did wrong installing this time but either sieve isn't
> getting my e-mail or it's not processing them. I'm at a compleate loss, I
> don't remember having to do anything special the last time I installed
> Cyrus IMAP.
>
> I can add rules with websive and installsieve works.
>
> I'm using cyrus-imap-2.0.16

Are you the only person having a problem, or is this a site-wide
problem?

Without knowing this, here are a few things to look for:

- Check your personal sieve directory (/usr/sieve/...) and make sure
that you have a symlink from 'default' to an actual script.  lmtpd looks
for 'default' as the active script, and if it doesn't find one (or
doesn't have read perms on it), it will assume that you don't have an
active script.  Websieve sometimes screws this up if you use it to
create an initial script.

- Check the syntax of your script using the sieve/text.c program.  If
the parser fails on a script, it will ignore it.

- Check to make sure you aren't using any unsupported Sieve options,
like using vacation without using LMTP directly from your MTA.  If the
parser fails on a script, it will ignore it.

- Make sure you aren't getting screwed by duplicate delivery
suppression.  Don't keep trying to test a script with the same
message-id.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127