Justin Wood wrote:

> I recently installed cyrus-imapd 2.0.16 w/ cyrus-sasl 1.5.27 on FreeBSD
> 4.5-RELEASE (from the ports tree).  I managed to get imapd auth working
> just fine, but when I try to install a sieve script using installsieve,
> I get the following messages in syslog:
>
> Feb  8 14:19:22 fs1 timsieved[9785]: KERBEROS_V4: can't access srvtab
> file /etc/srvtab: No such file or directory
> Feb  8 14:19:22 fs1 timsieved[9785]:
> add_plugin(/usr/local/lib/sasl/libkerberos4.so) failed: generic failure
> Feb  8 14:19:23 fs1 timsieved[9785]: badlogin:
> fs1.p.flipdog.com[10.69.2.71] DIGEST-MD5 -13 unable to get user's secret
>
> In imapd.conf I have
>         sasl_pwcheck_method: LDAP
> and the appropriate settings for the ldap server.  Where do I modify
> settings for timsieved?  I would like to do ldap/pam_ldap auth with it
> as well.

Unless you have a need for the non-plaintext mechanisms, try removing
these plugins.  Sieveshell will try to use  the "best" (highest SSF)
mechanism that it finds.  If you only have PLAIN and/or LOGIN installed,
it will have no choice but to use one of these, which should then use
your PAM config.

In SASL v2.1 you can use the 'mech_list' option in the SASL conf file to
limit which mechs will be offered by the service.

In either case, we probably should add a --auth option to sieveshell,
just like cyradm.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127