OCNS Consulting wrote:

> David:
>
> I re-compiled LDAP without SASL support and re-linked pam_ldap with the new
> LDAP libraries, as suggested. Restarted both LDAP and master; LDAP access
> successful;
> attempted IMAP access and as before Death by 11. Here's log file excerpt (SA
> B4):
>
>    Mar 19 10:50:11 mailsrv imapd[24376]: accepted connection
>    Mar 19 10:50:11 mailsrv master[24388]: about to exec /usr/cyrus/bin/imapd
>    Mar 19 10:50:11 mailsrv imap[24388]: executed
>    Mar 19 10:50:11 mailsrv master[24347]: process 24376 exited, signaled to
> death by 11
>
> As per Ken Murchison's suggestion, I looked for a core file and found none.
> Ken where
> will the core file reside, if created? What trace back would you like to
> view?

Probably whichever directory master was started from (assuming the core
file size limit isn't 0).  On my Linux box, I do the following before
starting master in my startup script:

cd /var/imap/cores
ulimit -c unlimited

This set the core file size to unlimited and dumps any cores in
/var/imap/cores (make the directory first, with write access by
'cyrus').  Obviously, any old cores are overwritten, but I don't get
that many (usually only when I'm testing code changes) so its not a
problem.

If you get a core, just run it through a debugger and post a backtrace.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127