Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> --On vendredi 22 mars 2002 12:04 +0100 Birger Toedtmann
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Mathieu Arnold schrieb am Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:01:23AM +0100:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> How should I do to have all the duplicate mails sent and not discarded ?
> >> it's really annoying to get mails only once when messages are posted on
> >> many mailing lists, and they appears on only one.
> >> I believe that it's the "-e" flag to deliver, which is not documented in
> >> the man page I have, and that removing it would do, but I'm using lmtp
> >> to  deliver my mails, and I can't get a clue of how I could get all the
> >> mails  and not only the one cyrus want's me to have.
> >
> > Which version of cyrus do you use?  In version 2.1.x its now a
> > configuration option within /etc/imapd.conf to enable the delivery of
> > duplicates.  For 2.0.x versions there exists a patch for this option.
>
> I use 2.0.16, I saw the patch, but it also disables sieve as I understood.
> I would just like to have the duplicate delivery removed, but not sieve :)

The can't happen, at least not easily.  The two are tightly coupled
together, and for good reason.  The main reason is to prevent mail loops
caused by careless use of vacation and redirect.

So, how do you want this to work?  You want a message to be
sieved/delivered multiple times as long as it doesn't end up in the same
mailbox?  Even if this could be done, we still have to make sure that
mail loops can't happen.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127