Valid points have been brought up on all sides. Just adding my $0.02:

>From an administrative standpoint, it is *not* all right to lose
potentially legitimate mail without notifying the sender, unless every
user on your system has been made FULLY aware of the risk and agrees
with the policy. That's almost impossible unless you're in a very small
office. People just don't understand the issues. Believe it or not,
e-mail is used for more important communication than sending recipes and
copies of the BOFH files to your buddies.

>From a technical/efficiency standpoint, sieve should not have to check
an external source of information before delivering a message. Inserting
a header, and then letting the user use Sieve to either reject the
messages, accept them, or file them into a Spam folder is the correct
approach, IMHO.

-Jules