HI,

On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 04:58 PM, Rob Siemborski wrote:

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Rob Mueller wrote:

Has there been any thought in spending some time cleaning up the code to try
and stop these assumptions all over the place and create some better
abstractions? Clearly cyrus has been a project that's evolved over time, and
the code is where it is now because of the evolution over time, but some
time spent fixing old assumptions and some old programming practices would
certainly help with the speediness and correctness of future coding?
Its something we're not adverse too, but don't have specific plans to
spend time on.

I know for one I've been wanting to clean up the mboxlist API, which
really took a beating during the murder development.  (Though, its
probably the most separate part of the API at the current point).
Just curious. I am looking into this for our IMAP service and
I am interested in this (I started the thread).
Maybe I can contribute parts of code (depends a bit on our
internal way forward) and  therefor I would like to
know how you 'vyrus-developers/maintainers' see this.
You have CVS access or prefer to have just patches, ....

Harrie

Software developer, Technical Department