We've not upgraded for ages, and we must do so.  But this should set an
interesting lower floor on the amount of hardware you need.

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The version(s) of Cyrus you are running

1.6.24

> The specs of the servers you have (cpu,mem,disk,os, etc)

Sun Ultra 2, Solaris 7, 2x167MHz processors, 1.5GBytes RAM, two
Fast/Wide SCSI controllers, 200GBytes of usable disk built from a mess
of RAID 0+1 resulting from filesystem growth over the years:

d18 -m d28 d38 -g 1
d28 3 2 c1t3d0s3 c1t4d0s3 -i 32b \
         2 c1t5d0s3 c1t6d0s3 -i 32b \
         4 c1t9d0s1 c1t10d0s1 c1t11d0s1 c1t12d0s1 -i 32b
d38 3 2 c2t1d0s3 c2t2d0s3 -i 32b \
         2 c2t3d0s3 c2t4d0s3 -i 32b \
         4 c2t9d0s1 c2t10d0s1 c2t11d0s1 c2t12d0s1 -i 32b

> How many accounts on each server.

~500 active

> The average and peak number of users on each server at a time

As of this minute 473 (load average 0.16, 0.25, 0.26), average about 400
during the day.  Load average never seen to go even close to 1.

> The average and peak number of messages in a folder for your users
>  (go ahead and estimate here...)

Pass.  But plenty of people have well in excess of 1000 in a single
folder.

> Are you using murder?  If so, describe your proxies and mupdate server.

No.

ian