Bill Earle wrote:

Ken,

We do NOT use singleinstancestore. We have several partitions for
spools. Is the feature intelligent enough to determine which spools
are on the same partition and hardlink those and create individual
files for spools on separate partitions?

Yes it is, and has been.

- we use qmail and the deliver program, which is called one
  recpient, one message at a time, so this may not even effect
  us either way.

Correct, unless you get multiple recipients on one LMTP transaction, you won't see any benefit from SIS.

We also would prefer to backup the files not a hardlink for restore purposes. I don't claim to know what the interaction with TSM and files vs. links are, but we are quite happy with files. TSM does an incremental forever backup, so only changes are backed up to tape. Does anyone know how the following scenario would be handled?

I guess this would depend on how the software archives the hard links.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127