I imagine for a big project like this, refunds could be given. I think its more a matter of finding someone to deal with this. Id be happy to do it, but i think it would be best if Ken or another core developer that everyone knows and already trusts is in charge of holding the cash. Any Ideas Ken?

I would bet that if a "Fund Cyrus Replication" link were made prominently on the cyrus homepage, 3-5k could be raised in less than a month.

P.S. Ken, not sure if this would be easier or more complex, but another alternative here might be to write a mysql backend to cyrus, which would eliminate the need to worry about redundancy given mysql's multimaster functionality (this might also provide better searching/sort/access and enormous scaleability to the cyrus backends).