On Feb 26, 2005, at 2:54 PM, Amos wrote:

Alex Deiter wrote:
Hi,
Cyrus IMAP on 64bit arch incorrectly interprets defaults numerical parameters of a imapd.conf: all of them are equal to zero!
For example, compile source in attach:
# gcc -m64 test.c
# file a.out
a.out: ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

This brings a question to mind: what compilers will be supported for 64-bit compiles on SPARC? I thought I saw a CVS commit go by that used 'cc' for compiles on SPARC. I was going to ask at the time, but forgot.

That was local to CMU, and I probably need to revert it. It was some libgcc hatred.

I assume by now gcc will do 64 bit mode on Sparc but I have not tried it. I know that Studio 10 or gcc 3.4.3 is needed on Opteron Solaris.