Edward Rudd wrote:

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 15:20, rado wrote:

Hi Y'all
Let me explain what's goin on 1st.
...just a hobby kinda challenge k?
running Redhat Fedora core 3
sendmail etc

2 servers here...as a HA(High Availability) Redundancy project.
1 server is the master the other a slave.
The actual HA swich scripting is done.. If the master goes down, the
slave takes over. Master comes back to the net, the slave relinquished
back to the Master.
enuf for that stuff.

keeping the mail in sync is a grrrrrrr.

Question: Is there anyway thru cyrus imap, pop, murder, whatever, is
there anyway cyrus can take the mail that comes in and sync it to the
slave?

in the released cyrus imap, no.  I *believe* this may be possible with
some of th new code being added to CVS HEAD.  I am implementing a
similar system where I work, but I am using drbd (http://www.drbd.org/)
to sync the backend filesystem.

Actually, its not CVS HEAD, its the cyrus-imapd-2_3 branch

-- Kenneth Murchison Oceana Matrix Ltd. Software Engineer 21 Princeton Place 716-662-8973 x26 Orchard Park, NY 14127 --PGP Public Key-- http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp --- Cyrus Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu List Archives/Info: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/mailing-list.html