Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

Howdy,

I've been using cyrus-imapd for several months now to host a small set
of virtual domains.  I've spent some time recently trying to get the
NNTP support working, and I'm afraid I'm stuck -- it looks like I can
have either NNTP *or* virtual domains, but not both.

The nntp server only sees top-level, unqualified mailboxes (e.g.,
lists.info-cyrus).  On the other hand, users logging into to virtual
domain accounts ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) *only* see mailboxes that exist in that
virtual domain ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

I haven't figured out how to make either (a) top-level shared folders
appear for all users, or (b) make nntp see mailboxes in virtual
domains.  Are either of these configurations possible?  I'm working
with version 2.2.12 right now (because that's what the vendor
provides) but I'd be happy to upgrade if that would solve my problem.

Sharing newsgroups between virtual domains is something that currently can't be done, but needs to be worked on. Bascially, we don't support sharing of cross-domain mailboxes, which also effects newsgroups. I don't have any good answers for you at the moment, unless someone else on the list has found a creative way to do this.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer