Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you can determine that its just a problem with varying length, I can
change the output so that the UIDVALIDITY.UID format that we use for UIDL
is padded with zeros to make it a fixed length (something like
%010u.%010u).

I do not have direct evidence that this is the problem.  We also want
to determine whether the few users with problems have applied the latest
Service Pack upgrades to Outlook 2002 and 2003.  Microsoft lists among
many bug fixes something about pop downloading the same message multiple
times.

I'm tired of working around client bugs caused by programmers either
looking at protocol dumps or only programming against one server rather
than reading specs.

Same here!

Joseph Brennan
Columbia University IT