Ramprasad wrote:
On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 08:11 -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:

Ramprasad wrote:

Hi all,

 I have a cyrus server with users connecting and using pop or imap.
Some of the pop users have set leave-a-copy flag ON in their email
clients. Now I am planning to migrate the mailboxes to a different cyrus server.
The problem is those users who have a leave-a-copy on the old server
will get all the mails as new mails in the new server.

Can I avoid this ?

The only way to avoid this is to make sure that the UIDVALIDITY of the mailboxes don't change. What are the versions of the Cyrus servers?

Cyrus versions are same on both servers are 2.2.38

You could try using the Cyrus-specific XFER command which will move mailboxes between servers. Read the cyradm manpage for details.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer