James Yale wrote:

There is an option (I believe under Edit) to 'Purge deleted messages'
which permanently deletes messages marked as to be deleted - is this
what you were after?

Well, I'm looking for something server-side, best would be something to be run from cyrmaster, like squatter, to expunge all deleted mail from all mailboxes over the night before the backup.

Most of the users here use Seamonkey :) Outlook is totally unsuited for handling mail and was kicked out some years ago because it was too troublesome, but now it leaks back in because other software relies on it.

GH