Andreas Hasenack wrote:

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:35:30PM -0300, Carlos Horowicz wrote:
Andreas Hasenack wrote:

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:02:25PM -0300, Carlos Horowicz wrote:

Hi

I get only a daily few of "Message contains invalid header" but a couple of thousand per day of "Message contains NUL characters" from lmtpd ...
What version of cyrus? There was a bug that caused the NUL error with long
lines. This has already been fixed in later versions.

all of my servers complain : there are several 2.3.3 and several 2.2.12 ...

Then it's probably for real: there are NUL characters in the messages. There
is a postfix patch floating around that can get rid of these, and I think it's
integrated in postfix's snapshot. Here is a version for 2.2.x:
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/postfix/patch_reject_strip-postfix-2.2.4.diff
Thanks but....
I was just asking to the list if Fastmail's cyrus-8bit-2.3.3.diff would let avoid rejections due to "Message contains NUL chars"