In a cluster (multi-machine) environment, such as Tru64 or Polyserve (on
Linux), that problem is solved by the use of CDSL (a context-dependent
symbolic link).  You basically turn the file or directory into a CDSL and
suddenly each machine in the cluster gets its own personal copy of it that
is not shared.

We use TCP for LMTP, which I personally feel is a better way of delivering
messages to LMTP.  If you have to use the "deliver" program though, then
yeah, you still need the socket file.  That file needs to be a CDSL.  The
same goes with SASL and its socket file.

Scott

--On Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:50 PM -0400 David Korpiewski <[EMAIL