Florin Andrei wrote:

Sort of like rsync for IMAP, if that makes sense.

So far, the only tool I've found is imapsync:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapsync/

Seems to be working fine. It's recursive, it's smart (subsequent runs don't download the old messages again, only the new messages), the command-line switches are a rich set that's pretty much self-explanatory. It's easy to do non-destructive tests. It's flexible enough.

Downside: If you have very large messages on the source IMAP servers, you better run the script on a machine with lots of RAM. On my system it died repeatedly with "out of memory" when it was hitting a 32MB message (on-disk size), and the system has 1GB RAM. It's probably best to run it on a 3rd system, one that's separate from both the source and the destination IMAP servers, otherwise unpleasant things might happen if the script starts to gobble up RAM on the IMAP server. Again, this 3rd system is best if it has lots of RAM if you allow large messages on your source IMAP server.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/