I'd started taking this offline because it's not entirely on-topic for info-cyrus, but I realize that it has broad impact...

On Jan 3 2007, at 8:37 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:
On Jan 3, 2007, at 9:20 AM, James Miller wrote:
I have 2 users left on an OLD Cyrus installation I want to get off and was hoping to use imapsync. It seemed to work just fine except dates of the
messages from the old server to the new were not retained.  All of the
messages have the date they were imported instead.

You need the syncinternaldates. Did you do a sync already without that option? You need to toast the destination and resync it to get the dates fixed...

--syncinternaldates stopped working at imapsync 1.200 (current is 1.204), as a side effect of the append_string->append_file change suggested by John Capo and Florin Andrei earlier in this thread, on Dec 26, 2006. That change was made to avoid memory exhaustion, see http://www.mail-archive.com/info-cyrus@lists.andrew.cmu.edu/msg31296.html

The underlying problem is that at least as of Mail::IMAPClient 2.2.9, the append_file function doesn't handle INTERNALDATE at all.

A bunch of people here have talked about minor patches to Mail::IMAPClient. Has anyone added the $d argument to append_file and verified functionality?

Most clients display Date: header, but some may show or use INTERNALDATE. For example, the Zimbra web interface is incapable of showing or sorting by Date:.

See also http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33880#post33880
--
Rich Graves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sr UNIX and Security Administrator