-- Ulrich Spoerlein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is rumored to have mumbled on 6. März 2007 16:39:31 +0100 regarding How to include global sieve script for each user:

I know this is a recurring topic here, but after hours of searching I
still can't get this to work.

I'm running Cyrus 2.3.7 on FreeBSD 6.2, I have added a global script like
this:

sieveshell -u cyrus -a cyrus -e "p spam.script spam" localhost

Which results in the script showing up in sieve/global/spam.{bc,script}

Now I want to upload a user script, consisting of the following lines
(as per RFC)

require ["include"];
include :global "spam";

Which results in an 'unsupported feature at line 1' error. I found
posts claiming that Cyrus does not advertise the include extension,
but works anyhow.

I also tried only the line "include :global "spam";", but then I get
"line 1: include not required".

So what is the darn syntax, and why is cyrus documented so sparsely?

From "man imapd.conf":

sieve_extensions: fileinto reject vacation imapflags notify envelope
      relational regex subaddress copy
Space-separated list of Sieve extensions allowed to be used in sieve scripts, enforced at submission by timsieved(8). Any previ- ously installed script will be unaffected by this option and will continue to execute regardless of the extensions used. This option has no effect on options that are disabled at compile time
           (e.g. "regex").

Allowed values: fileinto, reject, vacation, imapflags, notify,
           include, envelope, body, relational, regex, subaddress, copy

I.e. you have to explicitly enable "include". Don't complain about missing documentation when you don't even bother to read it ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK