Hi,

Quoting Paolo Cravero <pcrav...@as2594.net>:

Hi.
I have a setup with 1 frontend, 1 murder, 2 backends. I am playing with
cross-backend mailbox sharing, one of the features we value most.

Problem. While I can access shared mailboxes that reside on the same backend
just fine, with Thunderbird (1.5/linux) I can see shared folders on other
backends, but when I subscribe nothing is subscribed.

The subscibtion is managed on the backend of the user. Cyrus checks if the
Folder you whant to subscrib exists. This Check is done only on the backend.

You have to use allowallsubscribe: 1

            Allow subscription to nonexistent mailboxes.  This option is typi-
            cally  used  on backend servers in a Murder so that users can sub-
            scribe to mailboxes that don't  reside  on  their  "home"  server.
            This  option  can  also  be  used as a workaround for IMAP clients
            which don't play well with nonexistent or  unselectable  mailboxes
            (eg.  Microsoft Outlook).

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.me...@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen