Simon Matter wrote:

> I'm wondering how much of all this was really needed for the migration
> from 32bit to 64bit? Are the BerkeleyDB ondisk files different on
> 32/64bit?

Yes they are. It's not the OS that matters but the architecture of the
libdb4.so file.
It is still a good idea not to use Berkeley DB for real important data.
Here at our university's cyrus we are using Berkeley for the duplicate
delivery and the tls databases - both of them are easily set to zero in
case of problems without deep impact on the functionality (in case the
delivery db crashes users can get some mails two times (doubling), in
the latter case (tls db crash) a returning client has to re-initiate a
TLS handshake including key exchange).

Pascal Gienger
--
Pascal Gienger
University of Konstanz, IT Services Department ("Rechenzentrum")