On 02/29/2012 01:25 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 29.02.2012 18:06, schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:

"netstat --listen --tcp --numeric --program"

Somewhere along the line some distributions changed the SIEVE port.

Solved already, thanks.
missing pam.d entry.

imaps[18096]: IOERROR: opening /var/imap/user_deny.db: No such file
or directory

Important?

No.

Solved. Touched file as mentioned in old posting here.

Right now old/productive and new/test server drift apart. May I
just rsync over the mailboxes changes when I want to switch?

Stop the new server Rsync from the old server Start the new server
Make sure everything is working on new server Stop the new server.
Stop the old server. Rsync again. Start the new server.

You need to perform the last rsync from a cold server. But it should
be pretty quick as it will only grab the few changed items.

Wouldn't that mean that I overwrite stuff with older files?

rsync will only sync over newer files and files that have changed. I would use --delete as you don't want mails that have been deleted on the live server to remain on the new server.

rsync -av  .... without "--delete", correct?

And I would have to convert the deliver.db once more, correct?

Or just ignore it and let Cyrus create a new one when it starts.

I will retest that later as I saw a minor issue with some index-file.
Overall it looks very promising right now.

Thanks to all of you for your support (so far) ;-)

Stefan