On 06/05/2014 05:33 AM, Jean-Christophe Delaye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After successfully tested Cyrus IMAPD v2.4.17-caldav on a "stand-alone"
> Cyrus IMAP server, I wonder how to integrate "CalDAV" features in our
> running Imap systems.
> We're currently using 2 murder hosts and 4 backend servers, running in a
> cluster (Solaris) environment. Users mailboxes are distributed on 4
> backends and I plan to offer caldendars to those users.
>
> I understand that the CalDAV module will automatically create the
> required calendars for a user the first time that the user authenticates
> to the CalDAV server; but what's happen if mailboxes are located on
> different backends ?
>
> - Do I have to configure CalDAV server only on the murder agreggator hosts ?
> - Is there (or in the future) such a proxy mode for http services (or
> referrals like sieve) ?
> - Or shall I consider using a "separate" Cyrus Caldav server acting as
> stand-alone calendar server with LOCAL mailboxes containing ONLY CAL
> information?

The setup for CalDAV Murder is the same as for IMAP.  Run httpd
processes on both the frontend and backend servers.  httpd will proxy
the requests to the proper backend.  CMU is currently doing this for RSS
access to shared mailboxes on our production Murder and I have been
using CalDAV on our test Murder for well over a year.

That being said, I can't guarantee that CalDAV auto-scheduling will work
between users on different backends.  Best-case, the backend server will
send an email, worst-case it will fail to store the scheduling object.
I haven't done a lot of scheduling testing in a Murder environment yet.
I might have to rework the scheduling code so that the frontend machine
directs the traffic to various backends.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer