Hi

the performance hit with usage of incremental squatter update should not by so high as with full reindex.

Cheers
                                        Kleo

|      You have moved the mouse.                              #
| Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.   #
|                      <OK>                                   #
##############################################################/

        ~~      ~~      ~~      ~~      ~~      ~~      ~~
Vladimir `KLEO' Klejch          Kleo'at'netbox.cz
                ...     ...     ...     ...

Hi,

Quoting Sebastian Hagedorn <haged...@uni-koeln.de>:

Hi,

[...]
Search for addresses and subject should in theory be reasonably fast
because the results should mostly come from the cache. We also use
squatter, which should help with the body searches. However, each
mailbox is currently squatted roughly every 24 hours. With busy
mailboxes I presume that leaves a large window where search will
have to fall back to searching every message in that mailbox, right?

AFAIK the index created by squatter is used to exclude mails that don't
contain the search pattern, so an outdated index is still of use.
Only the new messages and the files the index could not exclude will
be searched.

Running squatter more often will result in more IO traffic during the
daytime.

We are looking into using metapartitions to move all the relevant
files to SSD to make access to cache and squat files faster, but
that won't help with "outdated" squat files, right? Would it make
sense to squat his mailboxes more often?

Other suggestions?

Cheers
Sebastian
--
   .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.me...@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen
To Unsubscribe: