On 09/19/2015 11:41 AM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
Upgrading from 2.4.17 to 2.5.3 I kept the same configuration files, save
for changing the names of some deprecated variables in
/etc/cyrus/imapd.conf.

Now I am noticing some unexpected behavior; namely when messages are
deleted (in Thunderbird, Trash emptied and folders compacted) the
messages seem to persist in ~/cyrus/user/my_username

Was this the behavior before, and I just didn't notice it because I'm
only ever looking in the mail folders when debugging, or is this a new
feature of 2.5.x?

In particular, I notice that the /etc/cyrus/cyrus.conf file appears to
have these new fields which I didn't have before:

    # Expire data older than 28 days.
    # deleteprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 4 -D 28" at=0430
    # expungeprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 4 -X 28" at=0445

I commented them out, thinking these were for removing old mail no
matter what; i.e. deleted or not.  Am I suddenly getting a delayed
expunge feature that I didn't have in 2.4.17, hence need to uncomment
the pruning lines above?

Thanks.

https://docs.cyrus.foundation/imap/release-notes/2.5/x/2.5.0.html

Looks for Default Change: delete_mode and Default Change: expunge_mode . Also, Underscores in cmd Names in cyrus.conf :-)

To Unsubscribe:

To Unsubscribe: