On 08/26/2016 10:25 AM, Adam Tauno Williams via Info-cyrus wrote:
On Fri, 2016-08-26 at 10:07 -0400, Alvin Starr via Info-cyrus wrote:
Well the MTA still does not deal with archival because it will need
to be passed through to Yet Another MDA to handle the archival and
management process.
I'm not sure what you mean.  You can archive to a 'shared' folder or
into an MBOX to be processed by something which rotates content.
Trapping all the email in postfix and using a bcc would either push the bcc'd email to another mail handler of back into cyrus in some other mailbox.
Which is doable but just seems clunky.

For the pure archival of the input/output stream including duplicate
deliveries and all spam always_bcc into YAMDA would work.
always_bcc and delayed expunge work for us.
This could be the answer. I tried using always_bcc for another use and found that it had some quirks with cyrus so I have avoided it since then but it may be worth a revisit.

In my thinking Cyrus is responsible for the storage and management of
email so archival would be a part of that process.
It has to be the MTAs responsibility as Cyrus very possibly does not
see *sent* mail; or messages which are somehow otherwise routed.

True enough but an always_bcc into the Sent folder would solve that problem.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
al...@netvel.net              ||