Hi,
I have some installations of Cyrus 2.4.12 built on our XStreamOS/illumos distro.
The source tree was built some time ago, without large files support
(-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64).
Now that we're moving zfs pools to new systems, these get larger and larger.
What happens is that when the available space is larger than 2TB, cyradm cannot
create mailboxes causing strange errors.
I could verify that rebuilding the same source tree with "-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" and installing on a test machine, everything starts to
work again.
My question is : can I safely install the new binaries on systems with existing
mailboxes?
Thanks for any help,
Gabriele
Sonicle S.r.l.